Sacral dysgenesis with Intraspinal Lipoma. Why is leg not responding? Another surgery only solution?

My Wife has issue towards sacral dsygenesis with Intraspinal Lipoma and has underwent successful surgeries twice and We are leading a great life. We are presently based out of Bengaluru. However, for last fortnight she is complaining of severe back pain which used to occur occasionally earlier as well but used to subside itself. But this time it was a prolonged one and after consulting a Neurosurgeon , We went for an MR Imaging and when We showed the reports, the Spinal Orthopedic and has suggested to undergo another surgery in which he has said that they will remove one of the 5 sections of Spine and fix it with rod and screws with not much probability of complete recovery. Of late, due to pain she has major problem in walking and her Left Leg is not responding much. And according to them, if not timely operated, it will take a grave shape. We are simply lost as third surgery is not only taxing but has negative impact on the psyche of each one of Us. We humbly request you to look into the matter and let me know what all details you require. Sir/Mam, humblest request, kindly look into the matter with a point of view to avoid surgery at any cost as We do not mind spending substantial amount on Medications and Exercises Sessions but another surgery is a nightmare. Thanking you Looking forward to your considering Our request on Human grounds. We await your expert opinion in Our case. Regards M Vineet
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
The non responsive leg is due to nerve compression by the agenesis of sacrum. A careful evaluation by a neurologist is needed to find out the cause.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,