1. All medication that is safe for neonates, infants are safe for use during pregnancy
. Certain antibiotics and other medications which are not safe for children should be strictly avoided.
2. Since it is advisable to be more careful in the first trimester of pregnancy, you may try home remedies
for a day or two.
3. If there is no respite, or if you develop fever, you may use a short course of the following medicines such as amoxicillin
(crocin) and avil (pheniramine
maleate) safely ,but under strict medical supervision.
4. Avoid any nasal decongestant or cough syrups. You may use a medicated gargle or oral rinse. Avoid iodine containing gargles.
5. Whenever you are in doubt, leave the decision to your gynecologist and physician.