SGOT, SGPT high, regular drinker. Prescribed estuchol. How serious is the condition ?

Hello doctor, i am 27 years old 5 8 80 kgs. My liver function test showed the following abnormalities. sgot 107 sgpt 200 ggtp 71 globulin 3.2 Alkaline phosphate was normal-103 I was drinking regularly for a few months. Now, i have stopped. I still smoke. My doctor has prescribed estuchol 300 twice a day for one month. I have joined a gym also now and have been exercising for one week now. Do I need medication at all? Cant I just stop drinking and reduce my weight? How serious is my condition. Is it reversible? How long will I take to return to normal? What else do you suggest? Thank you very much
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013