Ruptured eardrum, draining clear fluid, pain, large mass in ear, hearing loss. Treatment options?

I was diagnosed as having a ruptured eardrum two weeks ago. They put me on penicillin 500 mg 4x a day for 10 days. After about three days my ear started draining clear fluid and pain stopped. On the fourth day and large mass of something soft came out of my ear that was grey with a little black in it. Is that normal or could there be more going on? I will add that once the blob was removed, the muffled clogged feeling disappeared for about 5 minutes and I could hear then the clogged feeling returned and has not changed since. I am completely deaf and clogged in that ear which is so annoying.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012