Ruptured discs, unbearable neck, lower back pains, burning and numbness in shoulders, tingling fingers. Want to undergo back surgery. Which specialist should I consult for pain?

I have 5 ruptured discs, neck and lower back area are manageable pain levels, area between shoulder blades is chronic severe pain and burning sensation, some numbness and aching in shoulders, arms, and occasional tingling in pinky and 3rd fingers on both hands. I had a fall ice skating 13 years ago, am 41 years old, 5 7 tall 128lbs, a runner, and am considering it may be time for back surgery. Have battled my back issues for 13 years with exercise, ibuprophen, pilates , chiropractor, but the upper back area seems to be getting worse and the tingling and numbness is new. My question is WHO is the best Doctor for my type of pain?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012