Runny throat, mucus build up, unpleasant sensation

I turned 16 a month ago and I have had a runny throat for the past several months. I feel totally fine(no loss of energy or anything) but I constantly feel an extremely unpleasant sensation in my throat due to mucus build up which makes me need to gargle and spit very often. School is coming soon and it will be very hard attending in this condition.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
It looks like you may be suffering from chronic pharyngitis ie long standing infection of the throat.
Do not worry, please see a doctor for confirmation because you may need a course of antibiotics.
Please follow some general measures as well like
1) warm salt water gargling 4 times daily.
2) avoid cold foods and air conditioning.
3) Steam inhalation. 4 times daily.
Dr Kishori.