Runny nose, wheezy cough with fever post treatment for bacterial infection in ear. Taken nurofen. Worrisome?

My13 month old son was diagnosed with a burst ear drum 2moro weeks ago he was on antibiotics but the doctor called me up a few days later with the swab results saying he needed stronger antibiotics because he had a bacterial infection so he is now on stron ger antibiotics, he seemed tip be getting better but now he has a runny nose, weezey cough , a temp of 38.7h I just gave him nurofen for andt brought his temp down to 37.8, should I be concerned our take him to the hospital?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012