Runner, experienced cramps in calf while running, discoloration, later had swelling from calf to ankle. Suggestions other than icing?

I m a 47 year old runner, 1 month ago I experienced a cramp like pain in my calf while I was running. The pain was not to intense but I knew it was there. I stretched religiously and always knew it was there every time I would run yet it never really slowed me down. I had a 10 k race this weekend.....the pain increased immediately following the run with a color change in my calf ( a faint bruise like) Sunday I ran a 5k mud run with more pain following, very difficult to walk when I first get up, better with tennis shoes on than bare footed. This a.m. Calf to my ankle swollen with bruising pooling around my ankle. Any suggestions other than icing?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012