Round, dry, skin coloured, flaky patch on right buttock, slight itching, swelling. Causes?

Hi Dr. XXXXX, my husband has a round raised patch on his right buttock. It is just off skin color, not red or white. It is about 10mm in diameter and symmetrical. It does not look like a blister or mole. He says it has been there for about 8 months. He says that it was dry and flakey and has itched a little in the past. This doesn t look like a rash or a mole. I just have no idea what it may be. Looking to get your thoughts. Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013