Round bump on sternum, oozing blood, pus. Causes and treatment?

Hi. I am a 52 year old female. i developed a round bump on my sternum that when squeezed would excrete a long squiggly line of cheesey smelling white stuff. I left it alone for a long time and thought it was decreasing in size. Suddenly, I experienced some discomfort and when I pressed on the bump on my sternum, blood and pus came out. the blood stopped, but the pus has been oozing for 5 days. The pus oozes from the spot between my breasts (sternum) on the leftish side. The growth that is attached to the bump goes up into my left breast and is tender. What do I have and what will the treatment entail?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012