Rotator cuff surgery, latex sensitive, itching. Prescribed hydrocodone acetaminophen. Advise?

I had rotator cuff surgery on Tue. & prescribed hydrocodone acetaminophen 10-325 for pain. I'm also latex sensitive. I started itching yesterday & was told by Dr office that I could take benedryl. I still itch. Could I be reacting to the medicine or could there be latex in my sling? I'm due to take my pain meds now & don't know whether to take them along w/ benedryl or just take ibprophen. Will you please give me your opinion?
Thank you,
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013