Root canal treatment, hydrogen peroxide spilled on tongue, burning sensation and whitening, healing techniques

During a root canal treatment, a dentist let hydrogen peroxide spill under the tongue and on the lips of my wife, leading to a coral whitening and severe burning sensation. Two days have gone and the burning sensation is still ongoing in th mouth with difficulty to eat and drink...she used difflam gargle to heal but the burning seems to intensify..How can the burning be reduced..warm water gargle etc help, help
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012