Root canal treatment done after tooth abscess. Persisting infection. Severe night sweats. Is this normal?

I had a major tooth abscess discovered last Wednesday and had a root canal performed that day (6 days ago). The X-ray showed the usual bone loss under each root of the molar. The endodontist performed a root canal that day. There was so much pus, however, that he could not completely drain the infection. Apparently the infection had been going on for some time. I was put in 4x 300mb Clindamycin and I am in day 6 of this. In the past 3 nights, I have had full body night sweats on the 1st and 3rd nights. The swelling is very reduced, but I have never had this type of night sweat before. Is this something that can happen when the body is fighting off (with anti-biotic) a type of infection like this?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013