Root-canal treatment done. Having pain in teeth and headache. Should I consult dentist or a neurologist?

I have had a root-canal done on a tooth on my left side. There is a harsh , regular pain that comes daily after that along with high sensitivity of my tooth with a pain too in there on the teeth . I wanted to correct my teeth and landed into a deeper mess. Am not sure if I have to go to a dentist or a neurologist to check the head?! Could someone help advice please. Would there be something that these dentists place on the root-canal that would touch the nerves and cause this headache right up. What has to be done now? Thanks, Regards, Balaji K YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012