Root canal done, swelling, pain in upper left quadrant. Cure for swelling and pain?

I had root canal done 36 hours ago on no 12 tooth . swelling and pain in that region is coming back. It is supposed to get better. I have an appointment in 10 days to do permanent fill of the root canal. is this normal process? Last week my dentist thought my upper left quadrant maybe hurting because of Sinus infection . And after 3 days of miserable pain, she recommended me to endodontic , who did the root canal 36 hours ago.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013