Room mate was diagnosed with scabies. I have started getting itchy rashes. Does scabies spread? Safe remedy?

My sister's roomate was just diagnosed with scabies in the last few days. But he claims that he's been itching for a while. At her house they all share sleeping spaces (couch, beds, towels etc) She has been sleeping at my house here and there when she babysit for me. I have noticed for the last few weeks that I get these periods where I itch like mad. The spots will vary on my body. I don't have any red/pink marks that stay all the time but once I itch myself my skin flares up in the area with tons of little pink bumps almost welt-like. Then after a while they disapear. It seems like the itching gets worse when O lay down at night but it can happen any time of the day. I'm a healthy 32 yr old woman. Just had a physical & all was good.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013