Roof of mouth sore, reddish, irritating and painful. Had Chinese food last week. Allergic reaction ?

The roof of my mouth started getting sore shortley after eating some Chinese food almost a week ago and doesn t seem to be getting better. I ve looked at it and it appears to be red and irritated, but it s only on the right side. I has been very difficult to eat because whenever anything rubs against it I experience a great deal of pain. I don t smoke , never have and I brush my teeth twice a day and rinse every night before going to bed with Act. I ve even gone to using the sensitive type because the alcohol was irritating it more. I also stopped drinking soda with my lunch, because the acid would hurt too much. I m thinking this may be some allergic reaction to whatever was in the General Tso s chicken, although I ve eaten it plenty of times in the past, but I recall that within about a half hour or so after eating it I noticed the pain had started. It s also been pretty hard to sleep the last couple of nights because my mouth opens when I fall asleep and then it dries out and become very painful. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012