Rods put in spine due to severe scoliosis, nausea, vomiting, constipation. Is this normal?

My son just had surgery a week ago Friday which was April 12th to have two rods put in his spine due to severe scoliosis . We were discharged from the hospital on Thursday April 18th. Since the surgery he has had serious nausea and vomiting and trouble having a BM. He also has Cerebral Palsy so I an less concerned with the BM as constipation is always an issue. Is this normal. We have been up all night with him retching .
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013