Rod put in tibia in surgery. Taking morphine. Feeling agitated and difficult breathing. Medication side effects?

My husband has had a rod put in his tibia as well as back surgery. He was doing well but was put on medication which he didn't take for a long time. He was fired from two pain programs for not having the medication in his systemand finally found a new program that seems to be doping him up. He now takes this morphine and opana enough to pass the blood work but he get very agitated, aggressive and breathing becomes labored. I am terrified that he is overdosing and fear him when he's not. He goes into rage & has stolen my medication & even though it's been reported this pain program keeps filling these narcotic meds. I have no doubt that the surgeries have left him in pain as I too have had spine fusion, but I don't seek out medications or take anything that causes me to feel off. What can be done to prevent my husband from dying due to medications that he's being prescribed? I'm Desperate!
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013