Road rash on hip, tender to touch. Swelling even after applying ice. Done x-ray. What can I expect?

Hi, I had a pretty bad bike fall 2 days ago. I picked myself up and looked like all I had was skinned knee s, elbows, even my shoulder . Anyways I continued to ride home (10 speed bicycle) and half way there I had a sensation on my left hip area. I stopped and checked myself out and noticed I had road rash on my left hip as well and its tender to the touch, plus looks like I took most of the impact on it as it starts to look a little fluffy from starting to swell up. Anyways, I get home and I ice my hip and clean myself up, but the swelling continues. Now it looks like I have a softball attached to my left hip. It s been 2 days since my fall and the area is starting to look black and blue but the swelling is still there. I went to see a doctor and he said nothing appeared broken on the xrays and I should continue to ice it and take over the counter meds for the pain and swelling. He also suggested to see a Ortho Surgeon. My question is, what can I expect. Worst case and Best case. I work out and jog almost every day so I am very active and healthy. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
u need to stop work out untill u get better ,,,,,take some pain killers or antiinflammatory drugs to reduce ur swelling ......jt this much u do for now