Risk of contracting HIV virus

How much are you at risk of contracting the HIV virus when they are in the 3 month undetected window ?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

The window period is only for the antibodies to develop. The virus shall be active and can be transmitted. There wont be any protection during this period. It is as normal as in a case of full fledged HIV infection. Might be the viral load is a bit low during the initial phases but that does not have any beneficial effects.

Thank you for getting back to me, so your saying even if I contracted one HIV cell it will develope into the full blown virus? and within the 3 month period you can't get rid of it or try and keep it dormant?