Rise in blood pressure. Have changed cholesterol medicine. Could change have caused rise?

hi ,my doctor in the last 2 weeks switched by cholesterol mediciation from lipitor 10 mg to simvastatin 20mg due to my insurance company not approving the brand lipitor without pre- certification,which my doctor s office would not fill out. I have been on brand lipitor 10mg for about 10 years, and my cholesterol is 174. In the last 3 days since on simvastatin my blood pressure has gone up a lot to 135/90 , and I am not feeling right. I have taken 10 doses of simvastatin. Can this rise in pressure be from the change of cholesterol medication . I also do take toprol 50mg for blood pressure. I have been taking toprol for about 10 years. I just had blood work done and everything was fine. Before starting simvastatin my pressure was aroung 110/70, and I was feeling great.Should I go and see my doctor and insist on going back on brand lipitor. Also I have been eating clementines(oranges) the past 4 days, which I am not sure agrees with the mediciation.thanks
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012