Rise in BP and resting heart rate, taking Adderall. What could be the cause?

Hi, I was recently put on adderall . I have noticed that my bp and resting heat rate have gone up. On 11/30 my resting heart rate was 108 and bp 138/70, and then on 12/04 - bp was 134/86 and heart rate 96. Now my bp is normally lower, for example, on 11/26 my bp was 110/64 and heart rate was 78. I have to tell you on the day that my heart rat was 108, I was running very late and rushed into the doc s office, so I am not sure if that was a factor. At first my doc put me on the XR and that seemed to keep me up, so now we are trying the immediate release. However, now they seem to not be working. I do not have ADHD , I was put on this for wakefulness during the day. I have tried the XR again (20mg) and I am still tried. I am on 10 mg of the other with instruction to take one when I wake, one at around 11-12 and 1/2 later around 4-5. I have done some experimenting and have taken 1 at 4-5, and 2 in the am. still no luck... Anyways I am more concerned about the bp and heart rate Thank you - Kate.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012