Ringing in the ears after using excessive amount of splenda in the food. Is tinnitus related to the intake of splenda?

I started a diet two weeks ago and started using splenda to make my food more paltable; maybe ten packets a day. I started having ringing in my ears that has increased in both vloume and frequency to the point where I have not been able to sleep at night for the last four nights. I stopped the splenda yesterday, after finally googling for contraindications. Is there any chance that ceasing the spenda (as well as other triggers such as grapefruit, salt, and sugar) that the tinnitus might ease?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013