Ringing and pain in the ear after cleaning the ear. Infection?

i was cleaning my ear with a q tip and then my hearing went out in my right ear. i can hear a lot of ringing, which is driving me crazy, but i have been using earwax drops for 4 days now and my hearing has not come back. also my ear hurts when i touch it with a q tip, and i hurts a little when i put the drops in too. Do you think that i have an ear infection? And if i do would it be to late to get my hearing back since i waited so long to go see a doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013