Right sided abdominal pain, diagnosed as abdominal strain. Treatment options?

I have pain in my lower right side abdomen just above my pubic hair . It wakes me up at night when I roll over to my left side. When I lay on my right side it is fine. When I get up in the morning my first few steps are very painful and then throughtout the day the pain goes away unless I move very quickly to the left with my leg. I have been to the doctor any he said it was an abdominal strain but it seems to be getting worse. I work out 5 days a week and have stopped for 6 days but it does not seem to be getting any better.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012