Right side abdominal pain on eating potato, burning. Acidity? Suggest

Hi Doctors, I will be very much relaxed if some one could help me out on this problem. I have been to united kingdom 3 years before for my higher studies. I was normal on the first year in uk, but from the second year on wards, when ever i eat potato I get pain on my right side abdomen . The pain will last for 2 hours. then after few months, when ever i eat fully, I get severe right side abdominal pain (just above stomach ). From there on, it is persisting till now (that is from the past 2 years). I am getting right abdominal pain (not exactly abdomen but it is just above stomach and pain is on right side). Once i get that pain, it will be like burning inside on that area and the skin turns red. if i press that area, it pains and i can feel a burning pain inside. Some people say its a gastric problem, i need avoid spicy and oily foods. But when i checked online, there are many reasons for this pain. Am confused. Actually, i consulted a doctor in uk, they said i need to go for endoscopy test but i dint do that yet. And one more doctor said it might be an acidic problem. So any suggestions or advice please? Madhavan
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012