Right shin swollen,numb,black and blue under knee after getting hurt from sidewalk

About 2 weeks ago i took a hard fall out of our mini van onto the concrete sidewalk, my right shin took most of the hit, landing right in the concrete curb. Immeadiatly it swelled up and felt numb. Its black and blue from just under my knee to the front of my ankle above my foot, and seems to ve geting better but is still numb- is this normal for an injury in this area?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Perhaps the injury is severe than you anticipated and the nerve endings rae destroyed as a result.the sensation might come back after the injury heals.