Right lobe of the thyroid gland removed. Taking thyrox. Delayed periods. Weight gain. Why?

hello sir, am 24 years old i was operated 10 years back and my thyroid gland s right lobe was removed,now am married and i have a two and a half year old baby, this is the first time that my periods are delayed,my actual date was on 27th of january 2013 am a bit worried doctor, i have been taking thyrox 100 mcg my doctor has prescribed me this medicine due to my increase in levels of tsh and even my increase in weight,now at present my weight is 97kgs i even want to know why my weight is increased ??earlier my weight was 75kgs,and my height is 5.4 ,could you please help me n guide me sir? thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013