Right leg hurt while climbing stairs, swelling, redness, no pain. Can it be a fracture?

Rspected Sir Two days ago, my right leg(portion around the knee ) got hurt while climbing down the stairs. It doesn t seem to be very serious case of a fracture . Paining has stopped but swelling has increased. Also I can see some redness in the nearby skin. I am not sure if it the case of fracture. I have not visited doctor yet. If I plan to visit him after 1-2 days then is it a good decision. I have a quiz after 30 minutes for which I will have to walk 300 metres. I am not facing much difficulty or pain in slow walk. I am feeling almost zero pain . Shall I go for the exam or I shall leave it. When shall I contact the doctor. Please guide me. Thanks. Please reply soon. Shubham
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013