Right knee pain,swelling. X-rays done. Less meniscus in knee. Butterfly shaped vertebra. Leg gets numb. Medicament? treatment?

I've been suffering from knee pain in the right leg for many months. Any exertion leads to pain and swelling in the knee, especially when I climb the stairs. It also makes a clicking sound when bent at a certain angle.
I consulted a doctor and he asked me to get some X-rays done. Later on he told me that I have less meniscus in my knee and that could be congenital. I also have had cervical problem from few years because of which my right hand is weak. I got cervical region X-rayed too and those showed that I have a butterfly shaped vertebra which may be its cause. My Uric Acid test came out to be normal though.
I didn't have much problem before but it's worse now. My leg gets numb whenever I bend my knee, so I am unable to bend it for more than five minutes. It aches most of the time.
What could I do to relieve myself from the pain and numbness?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013