Right knee pain, knee joint effusion, meniscus tear diagnosed. Cortisone shot taken. Advise?

I have been haveind right knee pain, I went to the doctor and she sent me to physical thereapy. Upon exam thereapist said all evidence lead to a meniscus tear. I had an MRI done still in a lot of pain I have small knee joint effusion and intrameniscal degeneration in the lateral meniscus and in the postierior horn of the medial meniscus. I went to the orthi surgeon and he gave me a cortisone shot. It has take the edge off but still in a lot of pain I can not fully extend my leg or have it fully bent. Im at a loss of what to do any thoughts
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013