Right knee injury,continuous stabbing pain in the knee cap,difficulty in bending,cure?

Hi, I recently just returned to work as a letter carrier and after my 2nd day back I hurt my right knee . The weird thing is, it has been 4 weeks now and it is not getting better. I have only been walking short distances- modified duties- not delivering mail- and resting. It feels like stabbing pains inside my knee cap, it hurts to touch my kneecap and I cannot bend it without stabbing pains? It is almost feeling worse. I was sure it would heal up quick as I am a fitness instructor as well as I snowboard every weekend. So being unfit and out of shape is not it?????? Any ideas???
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012