Right hand middle knuckle, swollen, bruised, discolored. Symptom of cellulitis? Treatment?

I am a 59 year old female. Yesterday I noticed a pain in my right hand middle knuckle. It was swollen and appeared to be bruised, but I did not injure it. The onset was quick and today it appears more swollen and discolored, purple. I had a severe bout with cellulitis in my lower right leg about 18 months ago that seemed to begin with the same symptoms. I am concerned that this is a return of the cellulitis. I also have some arthritis . What treatment path should I take?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013