Right foot operated for bunionectomy and cyst, screws in foot. Broke the metatarsal bone, advised full leg cast. Suggestions ?

Hi, I had my right foot operated on Dec.31, 2012 for a bunionectomy and a cyst . When he went in for a 40 min. surgury it ended up taking 2 hrs. and he ended up finding a calcified tendond that he removed as well. I was worried about having the 2 screws implanted in my foot but he said that was the procedure and also my downfall because not more than a week after surgery the screw further up my foot broke my metatarsal bone! I knew somethings was wrong and asked for x-ray to check it and the radiologist and doctor didn t even see the break on x-ray until I pointed it out to the doctor at my appt.. I ve been it a slipper cast and it didn t heal as well as using a bone stimulator every day. Now he want s to put me in a full let cast and I just want to take the screws out and wire the bone together because it hasn t healed in all this time and he told me I d be back to work in 3-4 weeks and it s been 7 already and if I go in the cast that s at least another 2+ and if that doesn t work and he has to go in anyways that wastes even more time!! I m in very bad financial difficulties and need to get back to work and told my boss I d be out only 3 or 4 weeks and as I said it s a financial burden.. I m a bartender, so I m on my feet 8-9 hrs. Thank you in advance!!! I am getting a CAT Scan Tue..
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013