Right foot broken in an accident. Healed. Pain while walking, running, feeling of getting collapsed. Remedy?

Good Evening, I am having an issue with my right knee . There is slight pain (when pressed) in the indent at the front of the right knee just bellow the kneecap. The main issue is that walking and running feels slightly awkward as if it is not as natural a movement as it used to be. Sometimes it also feels as if my right knee is going to collapse. There are no issues as of yet with my left leg. Background: I have always been an avid long distance runner competing in various marathons and other activities up until 2 years ago when i broke my foot due to a car accident. The incident left me with 3 metatarsals in my right foot broken and my leg in a full cast for 2 months and a smaller foot cast for a further 6 weeks. After this incident i have never fully recovered and have since not got back into running. However i would like to pursue this sport again. I hope you may have some guidance on what i should do next regarding this issue. Best Regards, Robert Croxford
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013