Right ear swelling, warm to touch, not worn earrings for long time. Treatment?

I haven t had my ears pierced since i was little, but every now and then my right ear gets slightly swollen (Doesn t hurt) and i pop it like i would a zit. It gets kinda warm but goes away after a few hours, or over night. I m not sure why it s doing this, since it s been a long time since i ve even worn any earings. Whats wrong?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012

Welcome to healthcaremagic.

It could be an infective boil, using antibiotic ointment when ever the lesion appears.This lessens the recurrence of the lesion again.

There would be no serious complication with the lesion you develop.It only needs to be treated with antibiotics at right time.

Hope I answered you.