Rib pain, blood pressure normal

I have this dull pain in/on my left lower rib. When I was about 22yrs I had the same problem. I saw my family doctor and she couldn t really tell me anything without doing tests. I moved out of state a few weeks later and never had any tests done. Apparently it went away because I never did anything about it. I m now 30 and the dull pain has returned. It doesn t feel like I pulled a muscle and it doesn t hold me back from doing anything. I am very active and not over weight. I have had 2 children within the last 2 years. And my blood pressure is good.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to get a chest x ray and ECG to find out if that is the cause. Heart pain and lung infection very commonly cause such pain. Some time pain in stomach can also be referred to that region. if all reports are normal then you will be sure that you are not having any serious problem.