Rib injury to the left side below the chest, hospitalised, taking pain killers, still getting sharp pains. Suggestions?

Hi I was attacked 6 months ago at a cash point machine where I occurred a rib injury to my left side below my chest I was taken to the hospital where they carried out the x-ray , I was told I had kidney trauma too. I was off work for 4 weeks as I could not walk, move a lot, found it hard to breath, cough , sneeze , a lot of pain in my back also and my ribs. I was prescribed cocodamol and also had other pain killers to help with the pain. I have not been carrying out any exercise or lifting anything heavy since the incident, however I am still getting sharp pains in the rib area, where the injury was sustained, cannot lift anything heavy as the pain increases, at times I have to take my bra off sue to the pain. It comes and goes, however the pain has not completely gone and I am getting worried now. What could it be, what do you suggest I do?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012