Rib cage

When i was young i was diagnosed with what is called pigeons chest. In the past couple of days Ive felt discomfort where my ribs overlap right in the center i think that s called the sternum, Ive recently been working out is this due to my recent muscle build up? the pain is felt when ever my abdominal or chest muscles contract, some times i feel a little snap?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response

This can be because of your workout. You reduce the amount of exercise and watch for few days if it does not improve please consult your physician/general surgeon.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Shirish Sachdeva's  Response
Hello Dear,

Here I would like to add that in this condition you should performed exercises only on the prescription of your physiotherapist. Allow him/her to evaluate you first and then decide an excercise protocol balanced in stretching and strengthening exercises combined with exercised to improve your lung capacity as well. And do not overdo any exercise or perform one that increases any sort of pain.

If it dosent help then you can definately consult the general surgeon for the same.

Hope it helps

Dr.Shirish Sachdeva
Orthopaedic & Neurological
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Lifestyle Medicine Counsellor