Rib cage pops and clicks when I breath, been stressed, painful. Is it connected to smoking?

hello either when im laying down sitting sometimes standing up and I take a deep breath my left side under my rib cage makes a pop or clicking sound?started today maybe lastnight I had a family crisis lastnight can stress have anything to do with it also I really haven t ate the past 2 days maybe one meal related also I heard it could be guess it doesn t really hurt but more of a weird feeling but when I sit it feels uncomfortable also I do smoke cigarettes maybe 5 a day at most
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013