Rib cage pain, bloated stomach, chest pain, trouble breathing. Help

Hi, I ve been having horrible pain under my right rib cage that feels sharp sometimes, and goes into my back. I can barely eat because my stomach is so bloated. I ve been having breastbone and chest pain with trouble breathing. I get very lightheaded also and scare myself because it feels like I m going to pass out. I went to the ER a few days ago and my kidneys, liver and gallbladder are fine. I was put on omeprozale (sp?) and Zantac as the Dr thought I might have an ulcer or gastritis. These antacids seem to make more pressure in my ribs and back and I can barely eat! My stomach has gotten more bloated the past 3 days also. I just finally got over a bad UTI and kidney infection after 2 months of antibiotics (Cipro). Last year I had strep throat twice. A few years back I had inflammation of the muscle around my heart. I have IBS, many food allergies and asthma. From the information I ve given you, can you help me? Please? I do not have medical insurance and do not know what to do as the pain is getting more and more unbearable.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012

Thank you for the query.

When the chest pain appears, heart condition should be checked at first. You should have heart ECG done to make sure there is no heart muscle ischemia especially that you have some heart muscle inflammation. Also heart ultrasound should be performed as well. Such symptoms can not be neglected and treated without proper diagnosis.
Even if your symptoms are not produced by your heart, but it all comes from your stomach, it is strongly recommended to have upper GI endoscopy to make sure there is no peptic ulcer, there is no Helicobacter Pylori and the most important to rule gastric cancer out!
Giving you Omeprazole and Zantac (by the way, this two medicines should not be taken together, this are exchangeable medicines with different way of working but with the same result - stomach acid secretion reduction) without proper diagnostics is a very serious mistake.
Your symptoms may also be caused by asthma which is very commonly associated with acid reflux disease. So the chest X-ray and blow test (spirometry) should be performed as well.

Hope this will help.