Rib cage pain, aggravates on lying down or turning over, stabbing on standing or sitting. Should I be worried?

I am a 15 yr old girl. For the past couple of days I have been experiencing some pain in my rib cage, not under it but like on the bones. The pain has mainly been localized to the left side of my rib cage. I have noticed that I feel the pain more when I lay down and when I am laying down, if I turn over it hurts. The pain feels stabbing but sometimes when I am standing or sitting, I get a sudden shooting pain coming from the left side of my rib cage. I have experienced some dull and achy pain on the right side of my rib cage. I also have noticed some pain in the area where my sternum is. What is going on/should I be worried?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012