Rib and back pain due to severe bronchitis

I am getting over bronchitis and severe bouts of coughing. I am now having rib and back pain when I sit--even for short periods of time.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Hello Cara! Thank you for choosing health care magic. Based upon your age you need proper work up for your condition. I advise you to see your family physician and get the chest x ray done as per his instructions. Some complicated conditions like multiple mylemoma, lung ailments could be associated with such symptoms like rib pain and back pain. Visit physician at the earliest.

General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
please consult physician and get checked up and investigated
chest x ray is needed to find any relevant pathology to explain the pain and start proper treatment