Rheumatoid arthritis, warm flashes, sleeplessness, severe flares up from one joint to another, swollen knee. What can this pain be about?

i have had RA for almost 40 years (I m 52). The last few days i ve been having warm flashes (not hot flashes), not sleeping well and it seems like a severe flare up moves from one joint to another. tonight my good knee started hurting horribly and it s hot and swollen above the knee cap. I ve dealt with pain most of my life but this pain tonight is making me sweat its so bad!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012