Retracted left tympanic membrane and inserted a grommet in left ear, bruised feeling, intense pain. Is this normal ?

Hi I had an operation on my left ear on Monday 4th Feb just gone, they retracted my left tympanic membrane and inserted a grommet.. From yest I hav had a fair bit of pain feeling bruised and a pulsating feeling but tonight has been a very intense pain everything seems to be a lot louder than usual as I have also lost part of my hearing before my operation. I m also getting a very intense headache , I wouldn t even call it a headache it s was a huge pressure and pulsating feeling over my whole head especially my left temple (bad ear side) and shooting pains by my temple to, also my eye sockets hurt where I couldt okrn my eyes n sat in a dark room, I took 2x nurofen/codene tablets which didt seem to work so I took 1 more 30mins later and it has now calmed down.. I just want to know are these normal symptoms after this operation as I m abit worried? The hospital never told me anything about aftercare etc and to expect some pain or even prescribe me any pain killers, which is terrible?? Thanks AAAAAA
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013