Retention capacity problem. Why forgetfulness and bad attention span?

Sir, Over the past few months i am facing retention capacity problem. As time has passed by, my capacity to retain things has drastically reduced. I am not able to remember two old day or even two minute old facts. This has reduced my interest in learning new things with fear of forgetting it in two minutes. My past memory is also getting reduced and can t describe those facts with great confidence. Moreover, i am facing problems with absent mindedness and leaving things here and there. In the class i am not able to concentrate on what faculties teach and the case study i solve, the moment i reach from first to second paragraph i am not able to remember the first paragraph. It has completely disrupted my daily life, Is it a bad sign?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012