Resurfacing nerve pain in feet, pelvic area post decreasing dosage of Duzela. Restart earlier dosage ?

I have been suffering from nerve pains mainly in my feet and pelvic area. I have been to neurologist . He prescribed me Duzela (Cymbalta) 20 mg daily which gave me relief . I was on this medication for 6 months and felt better. Now since I was feeling better doctor advised me to reduce the dose to 20 mg on alternate days. But doing this my pains have come back again. I want to know if I should start taking the medication again. and if so then How long should I take it? and will Long term uses of this medication give any damaging impacts on my internal organs like Kidney, Liver , Heart?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012