Resurfacing mild pain on middle finger after pressing, normal X-ray results, had cracked it a year ago. What could the problem be?

One year back I have cracked my middle fingure of left hand .I have a instant pain at the moment.And after massaging with oils the pain reduced.But even after one year i feel small pain if i press the joints of the fingure.Even i fear to crack the fingure again.There is no swelling .The fingure looks normal in size and shape. X-ray has normal report.Please tell me what is the problem.Is it something complicated ?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012