Results of liver function test shows elevated levels of SGOT, SGPT. Indications?

Liver Function Test : Bilirubin-Total, serum by Diazo method 0.71 0.10 - 1.20 mg/dL Neonates : Upto 15.0 mg/dL Bilirubin-Conjugated, serum by Diazo method 0.18 Upto 0.3 mg/dL Bilirubin-Unconjugated, serum by calculation 0.53 0.1 to 1.0 mg/dL SGOT (AST), serum by Enzymatic method 90 Upto 35 IU/Lt SGPT ( ALT ), serum by Enzymatic Method 207 30 - 65 U/Lt Alkaline Phosphatase ,serum by pNPP-kinetic 49 Adult Male : 20 - 130 IU/Lt Protein (total), serum by Biuret method 7.12 6.4 to 8.2 gm/dL Albumin, serum by Bromocresol purple method 3.99 3.2 to 4.5 gm/dL Globulin, serum by calculation 3.13 2.3 - 3.5 gm/dL can anyone tell me what result of LFT conveys?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012